365 days of snapshots...

For 365 days Leanne and Crystie will be embarking on a challenge to not only take a picture a day, but to also relate it to something they are learning that day. Hope you enjoy our photographs as well as our thoughts for the day.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Laughter and Freedom

I have the amazing privilege of working for an organization called Young Life.  I love working for Young LIfe because they not only bring in Jesus and life but also so much laughter.  I do not feel like you can get to Jesus without laughter.  (you can, but it makes it more fun)  I love how kids come to camp and they get to laugh and hear about Jesus and for many experience freedom for the first time.  

I went to campaigner camp last week, which is a camp for our kids that already know Jesus.  And what fun that was.  I was with kids that get it- crazy.  Kids that are walking with Christ in high school, still trying to figure out much of it but really running after the Lord.  It was a blessing for my heart to be around these kids that are goofy and laugh a lot and experience freedom in Christ daily.  I think we all need to step back into the fun shoes of high school students are realize that we don't need to take ourselves too seriously, life is full of funny moments, lets laugh and be goofy.  We talked a lot this weekend about the false selves we tend to create, the St. (Crysties or whatever your name is) if you will.  THere is a website called I am second, where some people talk about their lives and how they are second and Christ is first.  There was one video we watched where a pastor told his story and talked about how he created a false persona for other people to think he was perfect.  We need to be set free from that and realize God loves us as WE are.  THe goofy, laughter filled people that we are.  

Here are two pics (i know I am cheating) of sweet laughter from the weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment